The Progressive Movement embraced nefarious, ideologically driven individuals who supported an agenda which transitioned our nation from a “republic” to a “democracy” and now towards an “oligarchic” form of government. “Democracy” was a convenient vehicle to move to “majority rule” and now what is deemed “politically correctness.” Corruption and narcissistic frailties of human virtue and morality has led us to rule by an elitist class and the trampling of the rights and liberties of the minority. Implementation has been slow, calculated and incremental; but was easily facilitated by a distracted, constitutionally illiterate and uniformed electorate.
Promoting “democracy,” as a form of government, cultivates a “false sense of entitlement and security,” promotes anarchical behavior like “Occupy Wall Street” and empowers other factions, groups or individuals. Use of the term “democracy” asserts democratic rights and principles that end up paralyzing constitutional procedures and processes as well as subversive ideas. Propaganda of fraud, lies and “political correctness” leads to the loss of liberty and surrendering rights guaranteed by our Constitution.
Elitists have become social engineers, changing our society to fit their code of ethics using devious means to sneer at or subvert established moral values and virtues to make their own conduct acceptable.Historically, Democrats have dominated Congress and the Presidency and over the past 100 years the Democrats have held power twice as long as Republicans; higher when looking at complete control of both Houses and Presidency. Composition of Congress from 1931 to present (82 years):
Democratic House = 64 years Republican House: 18 years
Democrats Senate: 62 years Republican Senate: 20 years
Democratic Presidency: 46 years Republican Presidency: 36 years
Democrats Total Control of Congress and Presidency: 34 years
Republicans Total Control of Congress and Presidency: 4 years
During this time, entitlement programs, Constitutional reforms, foreign aid and other policies were implemented and have had devastating consequences, created many divisive issues and contributed to the unsustainable path of destruction including movement towards socialism. Treaties signed will also be detrimental to our Constitution, our Sovereignty and our Rule of Law. When a political party controls both houses; there are greater tendencies in passing “sponsored” legislation, ratify treaties and being able to appoint bias cabinet members as well judges. In addition to this “power” and without and restraints; “special interest groups” and lobbyists are able to exert their influence leading to corruption.
The following reflects what Democrats/progressives/liberals have pursued and/or accomplished:
- Healthcare – Control healthcare; control the people.
- Poverty – Increase poverty levels; poor easier to control and will vote to retain benefits.
- Debt – Increase national debt to unsustainable levels; increase taxation.
- Gun Control – Dispense with 2nd Amendment and right to rebel against a tyrannical government; a police state.
- Welfare – Control every aspect of our lives – i.e. food, housing, healthcare, income.
- Education – Control media; educational programs to indoctrinate students.
- Religion – Remove God, morality, and virtue from government and schools.
- Class Warfare – Divide people into rich vs. poor creating discontent; redistribute wealth through taxation.
- 16th and 17th Amendments -established the income tax that encouraged the growth of government and the direct election of Senators which undermined the authority of state governments, ability to regulate their respective economies and the influence of “outside entities” interfering with state elections.
“Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.” – Jefferson.
Now for all the uninformed voters, Republicans were instrumental in passing the:
- 13th Amendment (1865) – abolished slavery.
- 14th Amendment (1868) – requiring all states to comply with guaranteed Bill of Rights for all citizens and equal protection of the laws, responding to issues related to former slaves. Bitterly contested by Democrats and most litigated. Amendment has created the current immigration problem with respect to children born in America to foreign parents.
- 15th Amendment (1870) – gave all citizens the right to vote regardless of race, color or prior servitude.
- 19th Amendment (1920) – prohibited the denial of right to vote based on sex.
- 18th Amendment (1920) – prohibition era; passed when Republicans, repealed by Democrats. During that time, states were at liberty to enforce the law or not; most did not. Two entities campaigning to repeal were Catholics who stressed personal liberty and businessmen who sighted lost tax revenue.
Will close with this statement from Woodrow Wilson in his later years: I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.”