CNN lists the details of the wonderful new U.S.-Russian “deal” over Syrian chemical weapons, which mostly consists of Russia tossing a couple of sound-bite bones to the hapless Obama Administration while securing Bashar Assad in power and locking down Russia’s new dominance in the Middle East:
The four-page “Framework for Elimination of Syrian Chemical Weapons” basically says:
– Within one week, Syria must submit a full list of its chemical weapons stockpile.
– By November, international inspectors must be on the ground in the country.
– Before the end of November, the inspectors should complete their initial survey of the weapons sites.
– Also before the end of November, all production and mixing or filling equipment must be destroyed.
– By the middle of next year, all chemical weapons material must be destroyed.