For health reasons, I have been a little out of touch with what is going on in the nation for about a week. Upon tuning back into my sources of news—internet and news stations like Fox news—I was inundated with a cacophony of noise that had little, if anything, to do with what is really going on in these “United” States.
If I were a Stone Age man, I would have to believe stories like the following were the most important issues facing Americans:
* High School students in McKinney, Texas being stung by police for disorderly conduct but seeing the story automatically being portrayed as racist cops attacking innocent bystanders, but especially black and female.
* The news, including “fair and balanced” Fox News, spent excessive minutes talking about men’s facial hair in sports, as a news story. I can’t remember speaking to any man or woman in recent years who has or had any comment or concern about whether their favorite athlete had a beard or should have one.
* The Obama administration has decided,, unilaterally, to increase overtime pay by nearly 100% over the next year emphasizing, once again, Obama’s total disregard for law and total dedication to political gain in the demographic that will likely loose their right to any overtime, because of that “law”, since it will make it unaffordable for employers.
* A repeated news story about a private citizen’s $1400 drone being damaged by an annoyed neighbor (definitely national news material) has become national interest perhaps more interesting than abortion issues, National budget, or Secretary of State felonious withholding of government emails at her whim and discretion.
* I saw Repeated videos of two women in an all out brawl in Wal-Mart for a few dollar item they both wanted, while a young son of one of them looks on and tries to aid his mother, and two men duking it out for space on the road they ostensibly considered theirs, has become another story of national interest. (Whatever happened to the killing of hundreds of Christians by ISIS?)
* National news exposes the “sugar and salt” crisis in schools, never mind the children are no longer learning about the Constitution, history, or math. If you ask a now $15 per hour fast food worker for change, without the benefit of the cash register/computer, they can’t even do that.
Racism, as a result of the current administration, has gotten to a point virtually equal to the racism of the 1960s. Having a “Black” president should have erased any trace of thought that the Americans are racist. Instead, the vast majority of news media informs us of every minor incident and escalates it into a racial, civil rights, issue.
The way this is all addressed and presented to the American people is by news outlets, including FOX News, turning these petty and virtually meaningless stories into a circus of ratings events. Take the New York Times for instance. Instead of reporting the news, they print pieces that denigrate a Republican candidate because he happens to be living a Normal American Citizen life style, which includes occasional traffic infractions, student loans, and expenditures for family toys.
I want to be clear. Although I tend to gravitate toward conservative outlets, I am fully disgusted to see these same stories on Fox News and to listen to the arrogant stance of the talk show hosts talking over their guests, never letting them complete the answers to their questions, and talking about the mundane and inane things being shown (calling it reporting or even a debate is a stretch). I remember a time when you could turn on the news and get real-life information on what is going on in the country and the world. Actually, it doesn’t even seem like it was that long ago. I don’t even recognize the country I grew up in, anymore. When I see my grandchildren losing anything that resembles a real education under what passes as our current public school fiasco, Common Core, I am disgusted to realize our system is building citizens who will be totally incapable of dealing with real life, in the name of progressivism, but fully indoctrinated into the socialistic compromise reflected in today’s culture.
What is even more frustrating is to hear how popular these media outlets are to the common viewers. Isn’t it about time we stood up and demanded real coverage and news stories? We are getting so many Republican candidates throwing their hat in the ring, the continuing circus will only confuse the issue and people will start choosing candidates based on popularity. Isn’t that what happened with Obama. Where did that get us? We are looked down on by practically every nation in the world, and rightfully so. We not longer have any national pride, but certainly expectations to have our government take care of us at the expense of the citizens who actually pay taxes. Whatever happened to the idea, “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.”? That was proclaimed by a liberal Democrat. Now it is, “Vote for me, I will give you more benefits and make your life easier.” Never mind the country is in debt to the tune of $18,000,000,000,000 (eighteen trillion dollars) and climbing.
We have all become the cool-aid drinkers who buy into all the media hype and cater to our self interest. Will we continue to tune into the “interesting” media news, or will we educate ourselves on what is really going on in America and the world, today. Our very future depends on making the right choice for president (and it can certainly not be law breakers like Obama and Clinton). In fact, I believe our very lives depend on it. Don’t YOU?