Highly trained medical personal are catching this like it is going out of style, yet somehow Obama thinks our troops will not be at a big risk.
Check it out:
The 4,000 service members being deployed to “combat Ebola” in West Africa will be “kept safe” from the virus, the Defense Department claimed, despite the fact that health officials have failed to contain Ebola which is now spreading on multiple continents.
During a Pentagon news conference today, U.S. Army Gen. David Rodriguez, the commander of U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM), said the military is using “strict protocols” to protect the troops and will implement “careful reintegration” once they return to the U.S.
“I am confident we can ensure our service members’ safety and the safety of the American people,” he said, adding that any soldier who contracts Ebola will be flown back into the U.S. for treatment.
Considering that efforts to contain Ebola have so far failed, with the disease now spreading in Europe and America, the Pentagon’s reassurances carry little weight.
On Monday, a nurse’s assistant in Spain contracted Ebola from a source outside of Africa in what is now the first confirmed case of Ebola transmission in Europe.