The Obama administration on Wednesday strongly denied reports that Saudi Arabia warned U.S. law enforcement officials last year that Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev posed a threat.

Saudi Arabia sent the Department of Homeland Security a letter in 2012 singling out Tsarnaev and three Pakistanis as potential jihadists, Britain’s Daily Mail reported, citing an unnamed Saudi official.

The Obama administration and the Saudi government said the story was false.

“We and other relevant U.S. Government agencies who deal with this kind of information have no record of any such letter being received,” National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden told The Hill in a statement.

Continue reading →