The failure of the U.S. media to properly vet the candidacy of Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential campaign can be cited as one of our country’s most harmful periods. Yet,we see the same pernicious cycle being perpetrated against Herman Cain just four years later. They refuse to follow up on substantial allegations against Obama likethose made against him by Larry Sinclair,but run with vapid lies from gold-digging phonies.

To understand the media’s use of its enormous power against Republican,and especially conservative,candidates,we need to remind ourselves of how Clarence Thomas was cruelly treated during his Supreme Court hearings in the early ’90s. Running under the current of a black man who steps away from his deemed allegiance to the Democratic Party,liberals sought to punish Thomas by using the sub-rosa theme of a black man’s sexuality to bring him down.

Now we have the far-Left’s wordsmiths attempting the same search, lynch, and destroy piece of work on Herman Cain. They would never do this to Barack Obama.

Do you recall the media demanding Obama’s explanation of why Larry Sinclair might have been lying when he alleged that he and Obama got drunk together and had homosexual sex? Of course not! Yet Sinclair was very upfront and willing to answer any questions.

Some stats I’ve read show our media are about 90 percent Democrat, and of the remaining 10 percent calling themselves Republican, but only five percent are actual conservative journalists.  Last week Cain said, “There are too many people in the media who are downright dishonest.” So true.


 

Continue reading →